Every year, the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, Inc. funds research to find a cure for ovarian cancer, a screening test for early detection, breakthrough treatments and improve the quality of life for those living with ovarian cancer. Special consideration is given to those researchers in the state of Pennsylvania. However, we welcome submissions from all cutting edge ovarian cancer researchers.
SROCF Research Grants will be awarded in June 2013.
Research proposals may be individual projects or part of a larger research project related to ovarian cancer. All research proposals will be considered, however, special consideration will be given to local research projects. Consideration will be given to proposals leading to early detection, better treatment or a cure for ovarian cancer.
Grant proposals for 2013 may not exceed $50,000.
Recommendation of award recipients will be made by Board Members and/or a member of the Medical Advisory Board. Proposals will be reviewed by a member of our Medical Advisory Board. The recommended will be discussed and voted on by Board Members.
Deadline for submission is May 17, 2013. Notification of action by the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, Inc. will be given within 30 days of receipt of the proposal.
Proposals must include the following:
- Abstract of proposed researchrationale of the study, aims, and an overview of research design and methods.
- Summary of proposed research proposal(one paragraph) which describes the proposed research in terms an educated lay person would understand and describes the significance of the research to the patient population.
- Research Proposal(not to exceed 6 pages- not including references) Include any supporting information deemed essential.
- Budgetdetailing direct cost expenditures. All costs must be itemized. Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation, Inc. funds cannot be used for indirect costs, PI salary replacement, or travel.Information about PI should include:
- Statement of career goals of PI- (one page).
- Curriculum vitae-including education, honors, professional experience, publications, grants.
- Contact information for PI which includes direct phone number and email
- Letter of recommendationfrom the relevant person overseeing institution, department or lab where the research will be conducted.
- Project Timelinedetailing the expected chronological progress of research goals.
Proposals are due to the SROCF office by Friday, May 17, 2013
Send one orignial hard copy of the proposal to:Robin CohenExecutive DirectorSandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation 2010 West Chester Pike, Suite 410 , Havertown, PA 19083
Additonally, send an electronnic version of the proposal with attachments to Robin Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.